Trig2db

WILLIAM L BLYCKER

Oct 8, 2019, 6:29:04 PM10/8/19
to anss...@googlegroups.com
Hey Paul and the rest of the group,

We're finally trying to update to the GTYPE schema and have it running
sort of on one of our development rtem - postproc pairs. So far, we have
events being pushed through, but we are having a hard time with our
triggers. The trig2db seems to be failing. we have the gtype tc and
trig2ps and I see the messages, but for some reason the trig2db doesn't
like the messages. We get a :

"Error (unpackSubnetTrigger): Unable to retrieve number of confirming
triggers"

from the trig2db_console log, and :

"ERROR: (handleNetworkTrigMsg): Unable to retrieve network trigger"

from the trig2db log.

I don't know the version of the trig2db we have but the file date is
2009  ( whic is the same vintage as our old trig2ps) and it seems there
is an update in the trig2db source repository that coincides with the
newer trig2ps version.

Could we have a newer version of trig2db compiled for us. I'm Hoping
that will take care of it.

If I'm totally out in left field on this, Please let me know.

Thanks,

Bill

-- ======================================== Bill Blycker Seismic Network
Administrator University of Utah Seismograph Stations 115 South 1460
East, Room 107 FASB Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-0102
william...@utah.edu 801-585-1879

Paul Friberg

Oct 9, 2019, 10:37:29 AM10/9/19
to anss...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

To my recollection, trig2db should not have been affected by the GTYPE change...GTYPE only effects the origin table and trig2db does not write to that table at all.....I just looked at the RT/trunk/trig2db and it hadn't changed in 8 years. This is a weird error....I suspect you need to set up a compilation environment...since the time of your version 2009, I added in a subnet trigger name for AVO in 2011.

Also, I presume you are still in a SOLARIS only mode?? Or is that not correct and you switched over to Linux?

Unfortunately I  no longer have access to a built SOLARIS SPARC compilation environment for the AQMS codes (at least for testing I don't).

Regards,

Paul

Paul Friberg   p.fr...@isti.com
CEO/Seismologist
ISTI==Instrumental Software Technologies, Inc.
Phone 845.256.9290  FAX 845.256.9299   Mobile +1.914.489.4888