Model of a 17 m Band Spider Delta Loop Antenna

AN-SOF Antenna Simulator Group

Jul 19, 2022, 12:20:04 PM7/19/22
to AN-SOF Antenna Simulator Group
These are compact, lightweight antennas that can be used for DX applications. This 2-element array is the simplest we can build to get a directional antenna using delta loops. It is practically resonant with 50 Ohm of input impedance near the band center.

This is an example where we need to enable the Exact Kernel option in AN-SOF since we have sharp angles between wires.

Download Delta Loop Array:

AN-SOF_SpiderDeltaLoop_small.gif

K J

Jul 27, 2022, 11:52:30 AM7/27/22
to AN-SOF Antenna Simulator Group
Ansof claimes this as as an example where you need to enable the Exact Kernel Mode.
A simulation of only one loop with the Trial Version of Ansof 7.20 (Trial version cannot simulate both loops) gives
no different results if the Exact Kernel Mode is enabled or not. No change in Impedance.
Any comment is appreciated.

BR Klaus

AN-SOF Antenna Simulator Group

Jul 27, 2022, 11:56:32 AM7/27/22
to AN-SOF Antenna Simulator Group
Hello Mr. Klaus,

In versions prior to 7, AN-SOF used either a thin-wire approximation or the Exact Kernel. As of version 7, we have added an extended kernel that replaces the thin-wire approximation. From this improvement, the differences in input impedances are almost always negligible. You will be able to see the differences by increasing the radius of the wires and showing more digits in the results (go to Tools menu > Preferences > Options > Significant digits in Results). When the antenna array has several elements with sharp angles between wires, the recommendation is to always use the exact Kernel.