Disabling arguments_spec logs

Nicolas Bouchard

Mar 16, 2023, 3:06:14 PM3/16/23
to Ansible Project
Hi!

I want to disable the "Validating arguments against arg spec...." from the logs because it cause a lot of noise. It prints even if some roles are skipped using tags. Couldn't find how to achieve that, hope someone here can help me!2023-03-16 15_02_34-AWX _ 3105 - Install_update software and 19 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Nicolas

Dick Visser

Mar 16, 2023, 4:30:27 PM3/16/23
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
This looks like something specific to a role of which we don't know anything about.
Can you give some context?

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Nicolas Bouchard

Mar 17, 2023, 8:53:28 AM3/17/23
to Ansible Project
The screenshot I've added is just a very small part of my playbook execution logs.

We have a collection with more than 30 roles, most of them having argument_specs to validate and document arguments values. For each argument(option) in the specs, a log is written. In our playbook we reference about 50 roles from the collection (some are executed more than one time with different values). Lets say we have an average of 5 arguments in the spec of each role, it's 250 "Validating arguments againt arg spec...." lines spread out everywhere in the log.