Failed to connect to a Windows server using Ansible

denilson hernandez serpa

Mar 20, 2024, 7:12:09 AMMar 20
to Ansible Project
Hello community.

I hope you are doing well.

I'm using Ansible to automate tasks from my windows servers, but it's giving me an error like this.  Does anyone know how I can fix it?

fatal: [xxxxxxx]: UNREACHABLE! => {
    "changed": false,
    "msg": "basic: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='xxxxxx', port=5986): Max retries exceeded with url: /wsman (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1007)')))",
    "unreachable": true
}

Stuart Lowe

Mar 20, 2024, 7:34:35 AMMar 20
to ansible...@googlegroups.com

Looks like it’s failing to verify the certificate to create a secure connection.

Assuming it’s a self signed cert you’ll need to ensure it’s trusted from your control host.

could always disable cert verification but wouldn’t recommend it.

Stu

Jun 17, 2024, 9:59:12 AM (12 days ago) Jun 17
to Ansible Project
I already did,

Even in the parameterization I indicate it to use HTTPS.

I attach an image of how I have ansible

    ansible_user: "{{ansible_user}}"
    ansible_password: "{{ansible_password}}"
    ansible_connection: "winrm"
    ansible_port: 5986
    ansible_winrm_scheme: https
    ansible_winrm_server_cert_validation: ignore
    ansible_winrm_transport: ntlm
    ansible_python_interpreter: /usr/bin/python3