[ansible-project] depending on extra variables call a template

Prady A

May 20, 2024, 1:39:58 PMMay 20
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Hi experts,

I m trying to add a feature to install db after installing vm. In my service catalog if I select Postgres db it is passing extra variable as Postgres to ansible  platform. Using that variable how can a call a template which install the actual db..

Regards
PD

Dick Visser

May 20, 2024, 2:31:27 PMMay 20
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what "call a template which install the actual db" means?
There is a template task that can template a file.
And if you want to install a db then that would consist of a number of tasks that do that.
And I also don't know what a "service catalog" is in an ansible context?

Can you share the playbook that you have right now?
Dick

Prady A

May 20, 2024, 9:16:13 PMMay 20
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dick,

Sorry to confuse.
We already have a Job template which installs the DB independently.
ALSO we ha have a workflow which builds server without DB Installation.

Service Catalog we use this term in ServiceNow.
The catalog will call AAP via rest and execute the job templates based on the service catalog..

Regards