Adding dynamic keys and values as module attributes

Thomas

Aug 6, 2017, 2:36:19 PM8/6/17
to Ansible Project
Hi

Does anyone knows how it is possible to include all sub elements of a value to modules as attributes?

vars
extra_vars:
  function: "server"
  anotherkey: "anothervalue"
  ansible_ssh_private_key_file: "/home/someuser/.ssh/id_rsa"

static task i have:
- name: "Create a group"
  add_host:
    name: "{{ item.name }}"
    groups: "servergroup"
    ansible_connection: ssh
    ansible_host: "{{ item }}"
    ansible_port: 22
    function: "server"
    anotherkey: "anothervalue"
    ansible_ssh_private_key_file: "/home/someuser/.ssh/id_rsa"
  with_items:
   - "host1.com"
   - "host2.com"
   - "host4.com"

dynamic task i want in a comination with "extra_vars" :
- name: "Create a group"
  add_host:
    name: "{{ item.name }}"
    groups: "servergroup"
    ansible_connection: ssh
    ansible_host: "{{ item }}"
    ansible_port: 22
    {% for element in extra_vars %}
    {{ "element.key": "element.value" }}
    {% endfor %}
  with_items:
   - "host1.com"
   - "host2.com"
   - "host4.com"

I hope you could understand my intention.

With nested loops I wasn’t successful. Maybe there is a possibility with a combine filter?

Thank you.