Announcing Ansible-Trace: understand task duration and playbook critical paths

Visto 58 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

ma...@markhansen.co.nz

no leída,
8 oct 2021, 17:16:028/10/21
a Ansible Project
Hi there,

I have some slow Ansible playbooks, and I was wondering where the time goes. So I made a Callback Plugin that outputs Chrome's "Trace Event Format" for visualising the parallel execution and critical path in https://ui.perfetto.dev/. I hope this will be generally useful, so I'm sharing it.

Pictures are worth 1000 words, so here's a playbook executing with strategy: free:
ansible-trace-marked-up.png

Here's the same playbook executing with the default strategy: linear:
ansible-trace-lockstep.png

Please try ansible-trace. It can help you understand your playbook and where to optimise. Please reply with your feedback if you find it useful, or find it could be improved.

I'd like to contribute this to Ansible core, if there is interest.

Thanks,
Mark

Gundalow Barker

no leída,