Adding prefix_path option to 'group' module

Roy Lenferink

Sep 12, 2021, 6:53:57 AM9/12/21
to Ansible Development
Hi Ansible developers,

About 1.5 month ago I opened a pull request against ansible/ansible for adding a new option to the 'group' module. The option added is the prefix_path option for preparing targets which have /etc/group on another location on the filesystem.

For the pull request itself, see https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/75323

The pull request its CI status is green and the initial review comments are processed as well. What is the usual process/timeframe to get these pull requests to be reviewed and merged?

This is the first time for me adding something to Ansible core so it might be usual that it takes 1.5 month already; or should I have announced/discussed the change on the mailing list here in parallel of opening the pull request?

Best regards,
Roy