How to fix TypeError : Cant compile non template nodes While running ansible-test

Anushka hasini

Jan 14, 2022, 5:53:19 AM1/14/22
to Ansible Development
Hey,

I have used Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and installed ansible 2.9.27 and python 2.7.17. I am going to test ansible-collection with the ansible-test command. When I give "ansible-test unit" , I am getting the below error. Kindly help me to fix this error.

Error.png

Thanks,
Selvi

Felix Fontein

Jan 16, 2022, 6:34:10 AM1/16/22
to ansibl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> I have used Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and installed ansible 2.9.27 and python
> 2.7.17. I am going to test ansible-collection with the ansible-test
> command. When I give "ansible-test unit" , I am getting the below
> error. Kindly help me to fix this error.

I'm not sure where this error comes from (looks like a bug to me), but
you have to run `ansible-test unit` in a correct path structure. The
current working directory must be of the form
`.../ansible_collections/<namespace>/<collection>/`, where the
collection you are working on is `<namespace>.<collection>`.

> [image: Error.png]

Please note that providing error messages only in screenshots is a very
bad idea.

Cheers,
Felix