#73326 A Catalog.yml file to encompass a grouping(s) of Collections of Namespaces

Chris Herzog

Jan 27, 2021, 12:43:15 AM1/27/21
to Ansible Development
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/73326

I would like to continue the discussion of this feature request. I feel like this is a great feature to consolidate and manage your namespaces throughout your domain or multiple domains. It allows for your playbooks to be less static and adjust as you either scale your plays up or down. It helps mitigate any security threat by removing a namespace from a single file instead of having to remove them in each playbooks. In any given environment, you may have 100's of playbooks that utilize any given namespace. Being able to manage ALL of them from a single Catalog would help with domain namespace management.

I would like to hear what the downsides to grouping namespaces would be. We already do it for our inventory.