Getting A ID Value Unique To An Instance Of An Ansible Playbook

Dhiwakar Ravikumar

Aug 6, 2021, 3:11:02 AMAug 6
to Ansible Development
I'm trying to create an external file that every single task (Python modules for which I've implemented) in the playbook should read from and write into some information.

I wanted to use the process ID for the playbook itself but I'm not sure how to fetch this information from within the module itself i.e. the python script itself.

$PPID keeps changing as evidenced by the following playbook.

Untitled.png

the value for the PPID was

"stdout": "2850132"
"stdout": "2850343"

the 1st and 2nd times respectively. Is there any value like a process ID or something similar that is

  1. Unique to this instance of the playbook run ?
  2. Accessible to the module's underlying python script ?
  3. Without involving use of psutil or any package that doesn't come as part of Python 3.X

For a better reading experience, check out