Submitting PR for vyos.vyos module

pigriffin

Aug 19, 2021, 11:27:40 PMAug 19
to Ansible Development
Hi all. I haven't submitted to ansible before and need a bit of guidance if anyone's got time!
My actual change is to add a single parameter in the vyos.vyos collection, and is only a few lines. But to get to the point, for updates to the vyos.vyos collection:

1. should I use 'Resource module builder' or CLI_RM_BUILDER; and
2. If it's CLI_RM_BUILDER, does it still use the models repository, or something else?

Thanks for your time.

David Moreau Simard

Aug 20, 2021, 11:23:49 PMAug 20
to Ansible Development
Hi o/

I do not have the answer but will ask around.

In the meantime, looking at the existing (or closed!) PRs for the collection might help understanding how it works ?
Let us know if you find the answer.

Gomathi Selvi Srinivasan

Aug 24, 2021, 11:01:19 AMAug 24
to Ansible Development
Hi,

CLI_RM_BUILDER is the right tool to use to build a model or add keys or delete keys.
Please refer to this doc. The documentation work for cli_rm_builder tool is still in progress.
Let me know if anything is not clear with respect to cli_rm_builder tool usage.

Thanks,
Gomathi