What are the new features of Ansible 2.9

swamy karampuri

Dec 5, 2020, 12:23:50 PM12/5/20
to Ansible Development
Hi Team,

What are the new features of Ansible 2.9 ?

Earlier we have used Ansible 2.3.
What are the different features between Ansible 2.3 and 2.9?

Provide me the links if you have

Thanks,
Swamy.

Felix Fontein

Dec 5, 2020, 4:13:08 PM12/5/20
to ansibl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

have you tried looking at the changelogs and porting guides for all
Ansible versions inbetween?

Cheers,
Felix

shoeb mirza

Jan 7, 2021, 12:43:40 PM1/7/21
to Ansible Development
Hi,

Below is my script for windows automation, script runs successfully but i can still windows updates in the windows updates section of windows server 2016 screenshot attached

Please help. Sorry for posting in between a random topic as i am lost and i dont know where to get the help from. Any saviours around? If this is the wrong forum please direct me to get the technical help then.

Sorry again.

---
- name:  Windows Update
  hosts: winhost
  gather_facts: false
  tasks:
    - name: Running Windows Update
      win_updates:
        category_names: ['Security Updates','Critical Updates','Update Rollups', 'Update', 'Definition Updates', 'Upgrades', 'Tools', 'Guidance', 'ServicePacks', 'FeaturePacks', 'Application', 'Connectors', 'Developer Kits', 'Drivers', 'Monthly Rollup', 'Full Updates', 'Express Updates', 'Delta Updates', 'Security-only Update', 'SecurityMonthlyQualityRollup','Security Intelligence Update']
      register: result

    # output results
    - debug: var=result

    # reboot only if required