Hot Child In The City

Marjorie Piganelli

Dec 22, 2023, 11:30:50 PM12/22/23
to annoy-user

Student success coaches, who serve full-time in public schools to build relationships with students and offer them research-based support, offer a critical capacity to educators and schools to help students progress in their development, allow for more personalized learning and engagement, and create more welcoming, equitable learning environments for all. They partner with teachers and school leaders to help students build on their strengths and develop the skills they need to thrive in school and in life.

City Year has been named a lead technical assistance organization in NPSS, promoting the importance of student success coaches, a critical capacity that has been linked to positive student outcomes, both academic and social-emotional.

Hot Child in the City

DOWNLOAD https://mude-zciazu.blogspot.com/?i=2wTaYW

A city's commitment to children doesn't end once it is recognized as a UNICEF Child Friendly City; instead, it continues to build upon the relationships and plans it developed during the recognition process to advance young people's well-being. Additionally, the City of Boulder has the option to renew its collaboration with UNICEF USA after recognition by committing to future program cycles and adopting a new action plan to deepen, sustain and expand efforts from the first action plan.

The city is in the fortunate position of having approximately $2 million in seed money for its action plan from the sale of the Broncos stadium. Our goal is to let young people guide our decisions in how to spend it. Other funding to support implementation will be identified once the action plan has been developed.

Making our community a place where children and youth thrive will take all of us. Visit Be Heard Boulder at UNICEF Child Friendly Cities Initiative Be Heard Boulder to provide feedback on key questions throughout the process.

CFCI uses the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child as a framework to help local governments prioritize the needs of children and young people, combat discrimination and elevate youth voices in local governance and decision making.

Through this flexible, dynamic, child rights-focused framework, neighborhoods become safer, schools and health systems function better, infrastructure is strengthened and communities are improved for all citizens.

Houston became the first city in the United States to be designated a UNICEF Child Friendly City Candidate on August 11, 2022, formally adopting their CFCI local action plan. Minneapolis became the second U.S. Child Friendly City Candidate on Feb. 14, 2023.

For more information, resources and case studies about the global UNICEF Child Friendly Cities Initiative, join the CFCI Facebook Group, email volu...@unicefusa.org or visit childfriendlycities.org.

The City of Grand Junction is proud to offer child care services for employees that include flexible schedules to best accommodate the shift work typical of law enforcement, firefighters, and Emergency Medical Services providers.

Construction and renovation on the facility began in January of this year and was completed in September. The licensed child care facility is operated by the Parks and Recreation Department in the renovated portion of the facility.

Child care vouchers help cover the cost of child care for children 6 weeks to 13 years old. Children with disabilities up to 19 years old are also covered. Hundreds of home-based and center-based providers across NYC accept child care vouchers and offer child care services in safe and positive learning environments.

Passing the CCAP eligibility screening does not guarantee that a family is eligible to receive a CCAP subsidy.

If you pass the eligibility screening, a representative from the CCAP Intake Team will contact you to complete an application and submit additional verification documents.

If ineligible, you will also be notified by the CCAP Intake Team. Depending on the reasons for ineligibility, families can find additional child care resources through: Working Connections Child Care or Child Care Resources.

The City of Seattle's Department of Education and Early Learning contracts with over 200 high-quality and affordable child care providers. To utilize a CCAP voucher, a family must work with a provider that has a compliant vendor services agreement as part of the CCAP program. Click on the link below to access a current list of providers compiled and vetted by the City of Seattle's Department of Education and Early Learning (DEEL):

CCAP Providers - Excel document sortable by category

CCAP Providers - PDF organized by zip code

DEEL is not a regulatory body and does not license or endorse any provider on this list or guarantee the quality of child care services provided. Parents are strongly encouraged to carefully interview and check references of any provider before leaving a child in care. Please visit the statewide Child Care Check registry to get more detailed information about state licensed child care providers in Seattle and Washington State.

The Child Care Assistance Program helps families pay for the cost of child care. A family's CCAP subsidy amount is calculated based on family size, income, hours of care needed, and age of the child. A family applying to CCAP receives one voucher for each individual child in care. The CCAP voucher authorizes monthly child care payments to an approved child care program and can be used for full-time or part-time care. Standard vouchers are authorized for 24 months; vouchers for student parents/guardians will be authorized for 12 months at a time.

CCAP-eligible families are responsible for paying the difference between the CCAP subsidy amount listed on the voucher and the provider's regular monthly rate. Families pay this difference in tuition directly to the child care provider.

CCAP cannot cover registration fees, wait list deposits, or any additional fees. Fees and their due dates are to be established by an agreement between families and their child care provider. The CCAP Intake Team is unable to tell families exactly what a provider's additional fees will be.

Why is there a waitlist? How long will it last?
As of August 11, 2023, a waitlist is currently in effect for families not already enrolled in the Child Care Assistance Program due to high demand for child care subsidies and limited available funding. Families on the waitlist will be contacted as more funding or space in the program becomes available.

Where can I apply for CCAP?
CCAP currently has a waitlist. You may apply online here to join the waitlist. Eligible families will be asked to submit additional documentation. Any ineligible family will be informed they are ineligible and be provided additional known resources.

What information do I need to gather to apply for CCAP?
After you've been screened for basic eligibility, you will need to identify a CCAP provider who works with your schedule and has availability for your child(ren). You will also need to submit documentation to verify the following information:

I live with a roommate and all our utility bills are in their name. Can I use other documents as proof of address?
Yes! In circumstances where you are unable to provide the acceptable address verification document, request the Housing Affidavit Form from the CCAP Intake Team. This form allows you to describe your living situation and offer alternative documentation for your address verification.

I am applying for CCAP in September. If I am eligible, can I backdate my subsidy to help cover childcare expenses from June?
Unfortunately, no. Due to our billing system, the CCAP Intake Team is unable to backdate for care outside of the current month. However, if your child is currently attending one of the CCAP-licensed providers, you can work with the CCAP Intake Team to determine options for back-payment during the month your application was completely submitted and verified eligible. Note: because CCAP cannot guarantee that you will be eligible for the program until the process is complete, it's not recommended you start child care without a finalized voucher.

What if I don't have a provider set up when I apply to CCAP?
The CCAP Intake Team is unable to issue a voucher if you have not selected and tentatively secured a provider from the pre-approved CCAP child care list. If you submit a completed application without an approved provider, the CCAP Intake Team will put a hold on your application packet until you are able to select an approved provider that works with your schedule and has availability for your child(ren). To be finalized, all vouchers must be signed by the parent and the CCAP-approved child care provider. If you choose a provider that is not already on the approved list, the provider must go through the contracting process with the City, which may take anywhere from three months to one year for approval.

Eligibility:

One of my children recently turned 18 and is out of high school, but they live at home. Are they included in my family size?
No. Once a child is over the age of 18 and is no longer enrolled in high school, they are not considered in calculating your family size.

Are vocational or ESL programs eligible for CCAP?
Parents/guardians may be enrolled in certified ELL/ESL programs that will help them be better prepared for the workforce. These programs are typically time-bound and have a specific class schedule. Parents/guardians enrolled in trade or vocational schools are also eligible for CCAP during their class and travel time.

0aad45d008