Hive Mind Halloween - Grease Frightening! October 28, 2006

Kay Morrison

Oct 17, 2006, 5:50:17 PM10/17/06
to announce-s...@googlegroups.com

Hive Mind Halloween continues to grow.  In 2006, we're teaming up with Metrobon and moving to the Youngstown Cultural Center just off the West Seattle Bridge.

Join us as we twist it back old skool-style.  Enjoy some quality liquor in the faculty lounge, get an examination from the school nurse, but be careful you don't get a detention slip, because punishment will be doled out to bad boys and girls. And if you want to get into a good college, you're going to need some extracurricular activities! Groups of 5 or more who arrive dressed as a club (e.g., math club, cheerleading squad) and ready with a shtick will get a set of drink tickets for the group*!

It's not school without a talent show, and the oh-so-multicultural Ridehell High has many talents: a fashion show, Forgotten Sol (Funk), DJ Advent (East Indian), Pujanbian Charm (Bollywood), Raq Serpentine (Experimental Bellydance) and DJ Manny (Eritrean). Of course, it wouldn't be a Hive Mind party without all night dancing to the hottest Northwest DJ's, including DjML (Tribal / Tech House), Diem (Hardtribaldisco), Mychosis (Nu School Breaks), Sweet Chris Bell and Baz (Psytrance).

$10 presale, $15 at the door.  Tickets will be available through Brown Paper Tickets and several retail outlets, including Metro on Broadway (who are offering 20% off costume sales when you buy or show a Hive Mind ticket).

As in past years, all profits will be donated to charity, this year Room to Read, building schools, providing scholarships and more for girls in Nepal, Laos, and other countries, and Youngstown, providing arts education to underprivileged youth and a home for arts education and environmental organizations.

Want to receive Hive Mind event announcements? Join the Hive Mind Announcements list.
Interested in volunteering at the party or helping create it? Join the Hive Mind Halloween Planning list.

Huge thanks to the Space Virgins, Flight to Mars, HungryMind Magazine Cafe and all the volunteers from the community for kicking in and making this happen! We are greater than our parts. Check out pictures from past years' parties if you doubt it.

The deets:

Saturday October 28, 2006.  9pm - late

Youngstown Cultural Arts Center

4408 Delridge Way SW

Party Costumes REQUIRED

http://www.hive-mind.com/halloween/06/

* Drink tickets will be distributed entirely at our discretion and are not guaranteed.