Author.php not displaying anything

Justin Lewis

Feb 5, 2013, 9:19:29 PM2/5/13
to ann...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to create a list of all contributing authors for my Annotum themed site.  At present, I have a custom contributor.php file that basically runs the WP List Authors function (wp_list_authors('hide_empty=1').  All that works great - the site generates a list of authors on the site; however when I click on any of the authors, I get a blank page.  As far as I can tell, author.php (posts/author.php) doesn't return any information as the author page (http://www.licsjournal.org/?author=1) returns nothing.  Is there something I'm doing wrong here?  How do I get the author.php file to generate a bio page with name, url, email address, bio, and links to articles on the site?  Any help would be really great - I'm at wits end.  Thnx in advance.

justin

Carl Leubsdorf, Jr.

Feb 6, 2013, 12:51:41 AM2/6/13
to ann...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

What are your permalink settings? You probably need to change them from the default to one of the other options.  If you do this I suspect that you'll get something like this:

-Carl
Annotum Guy

P.S.: While I realize that when in the throes of troubleshooting it can be tempting to ask for help here, and via twitter, and on WordPress.org, it is much easier to give you one answer to one question if you post all inquiries via http://annotum.uservoice.com  Asking slightly different questions in multiple places just means I have to answer multiple times - and I might not be able to give you the right answer without all the information.  In this case, the WPORG question was about plugins and code - but the fix is probably a simple settings change.  Having all of your questions in one spot helps me help you.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Carl Leubsdorf Jr.

Feb 6, 2013, 1:08:21 AM2/6/13
to ann...@googlegroups.com
I should add - definitely make sure you are using the latest version of Annotum, v1.1. There's a 1.1.1 coming in the next few days with even more fixes than are in 1.1.

https://github.com/Annotum/Annotum/wiki/Downloads or grab the latest via git.

_________________
Carl Leubsdorf, Jr.

Justin Lewis

Feb 6, 2013, 1:15:50 AM2/6/13
to ann...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

Sorry for posting in so many places - I visited the Annotum Help Desk multiple times but only found the formal documentation and the "Contact Support" form .  While I think that's great, it doesn't necessarily let other users see this same problem . . . and they (like me) might go looking elsewhere for where to find an answer to their problem (of course, I'm likely just COMPLETELY BLIND and can't see the open troubleshooting forum on http://annotum.uservoice.com/).  I'm not trying to pry and I wholly support an administrative decision to cull out overpostings/known issue postings (like mine) from a public forum . . . but it seems like you may be duplicating the work by not letting everything remain visible.  With respect to my problem, I visited the Google Group, Annotum Help Desk, and Annotum Theme on WP.org before you pointed me to the answer on github.

I really appreciate your taking the time to point me in the correct direction and answer my question thoroughly.  If you haven't already done so, I'll go back and post the answer you provided on both the WP.org forum posts as well.  Thanks so much and I really appreciate the work you're (y'all?) are doing on Annotum - it's a great way to expand OA scholarship for relative noobs like myself.

Thanks again and looking forward,

Justin

Justin Lewis

Feb 6, 2013, 1:16:10 AM2/6/13