annotum2go upgrades?

Attila Horvath

Aug 21, 2014, 12:01:44 PM8/21/14
to ann...@googlegroups.com

Quick newbie question re: annotum2go...

I downloaded/unzipped annotum-v1.1 and kicked the tires a bit - seems to work as advertised.

If I start authoring a document/article w/ v1.1 of annotum2go and sometime down the road version x.y gets released, how do I upgrade without losing any of my authoring work.

Also are there public/community discussion forum(s) [besides google/group 'annotum'] for getting help from end users?

Thank you

Carl Leubsdorf, Jr.

Aug 22, 2014, 6:35:15 AM8/22/14
to ann...@googlegroups.com
Always back up both code and database before any upgrade.

That said annotum upgrades should always be backward compatible, with the caveat that Annotum 2.0 is much more rigorous with JATS XML validation, and invalid articles may be unpublished. They can however be edited, previewed, etc.