Width of homepage carousel

Wesley Fryer

May 24, 2012, 11:55:12 AM5/24/12
to ann...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to change the width of the home page carousel, so it's wider? On my site the carousel is not filling the entire theme width. Also, is there a way to reduce the text shown in the carousel preview? I don't want to remove sentences from the abstract but there doesn't appear to be another way to shorten the excerpt shown in the homepage carousel text area.

Carl Leubsdorf, Jr.

May 24, 2012, 11:58:41 AM5/24/12
to ann...@googlegroups.com
The width of that box is determined by a line in main.css:

#main-body,#masthead-body{float:left;margin-right:30px;width:630px;}

The text in the carousel shows the complete abstract; one workaround is to have a stub article containing only the text you want for the carousel in its abstract, and then link that to the full article.

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Wesley Fryer <wesf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to change the width of the home page carousel, so it's wider? On my site the carousel is not filling the entire theme width. Also, is there a way to reduce the text shown in the carousel preview? I don't want to remove sentences from the abstract but there doesn't appear to be another way to shorten the excerpt shown in the homepage carousel text area.

_______________________
Carl Leubsdorf, Jr.
Solvitor ► Problem Solved.
+1 240 389 2255
ca...@solvitor.com

Zak Kaufman

Apr 11, 2013, 10:57:54 AM4/11/13
to ann...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Could you provide some clarity on what you mean by creating a stub article that links to the original article? If I create another article with only the abstract, then both this and the original article show up in the Recent Articles list. Additionally, the viewer has to first go through the stub page and then click another link to get to the article - is there a way to automate this?

This wouldn't be an issue if you could just have a separate text input space on the back-end for controlling the Featured Text, as opposed to it just automatically pulling in the abstract text, which will rarely be short enough to fit into the small carousel space.

Thanks,
Zak

M. Teodosiu

Jan 13, 2014, 9:34:44 AM1/13/14
to ann...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It worked to modifiying the CSS, but it bring the sidebar to the left. Can this be solved?
Thanks,
Marius