Export my knols to WordPress.com

Gust

Mar 11, 2012, 6:56:18 PM3/11/12
to annotum
Hi Carl,

Please could You tell Bill this, thx in advance...

I can't export my knols to WordPress.com! Since more than 1 1/2 hour
it stops on step 3:

Screenshot: http://www.internetmonitor.lu/docs/screenhunter_10_mar__11_23_16.jpg

Have a nice day,
Gust

Carl Leubsdorf, Jr.

Mar 11, 2012, 7:06:41 PM3/11/12
to ann...@googlegroups.com
This may have nothing to do with knol.

Can you perform a file export from knol?

Is this a large or small collection?

If you believe there is a real issue here, please submit via http://annotum.uservoice.com so I can track it.  In your submission, please include as much specific information as possible: steps you took, whether you've tried to export those knols in the past and the results you saw, going to a new or existing WordPress site, etc. [Those details should not be sent to this list which is really intended more for general discussion].

FWIW, I have not seen any other reports such as yours so it may be some local or temporary issue.

Thanks,
-C

_______________________
Carl Leubsdorf, Jr.
Solvitor ► Problem Solved.
+1 240 389 2255
ca...@solvitor.com

Gust

Mar 11, 2012, 7:19:01 PM3/11/12
to annotum
Hi Carl,

I have more than 200 knols and most with rich multimedia. File export
has working weeks ago, as I do a manual migration. But I want to have
also ALL my knols migrated to Annotum on a Test-Account where the
migrated knols will stay as "private" and where I can test the
different possibilities to report about it on my Help account for Knol-
to-Annotum-Migration. As You know I run such a Help blog... For giving
practical advice I need myself to go trough the whole procedure to
make best help blog...

Should I report it also here http://annotum.uservoice.com?

Have a nice day and best regards,
Gust

On Mar 12, 12:06 am, "Carl Leubsdorf, Jr." <c...@solvitor.com> wrote:
> This may have nothing to do with knol.
>
> Can you perform a file export from knol?
>
> Is this a large or small collection?
>
> If you believe there is a real issue here, please submit via http://annotum.uservoice.comso I can track it.  In your submission, please
> c...@solvitor.com

Murry

Mar 11, 2012, 7:38:06 PM3/11/12
to ann...@googlegroups.com, Carl Leubsdorf, Jr.
OK, I just looked again and I agree, it was temporary. The collection was reasonably small in this case.

I'll try not to cry wolf in the future.

There are other issues to investigate and it may impact many other Knols coming in. Perhaps you know the answers:
  • YouTube videos embedded in the Knol do not work after migration. WordPress presents an empty box instead
  • Google Docs embedded in the Knol do not appear after migration. Again, an empty box.

My migrated collection is 95% embedded Google Docs, so at WordPress it is essentially empty. Do you know about a workaround?

Grazia mille,

Murry
-------

Peter Baskerville

May 13, 2012, 3:41:23 AM5/13/12
to ann...@googlegroups.com
Looks like all the redirection links between Knol and Annotum articles are broken and has been for days. Error message reads:

Access to the webpage was denied

You are not authorized to access the webpage at http://knol.google.com/k/nowmaster-accounting/what-is-the-going-concern-concept-in/y2cary3n6mng/9. You may need to sign in.
HTTP Error 403 (Forbidden): The server refused to fulfill the request.

Gust

May 13, 2012, 7:32:21 AM5/13/12
to annotum
Hi,

I have the same problem also since days! I just sent an Tweet to Bill
Strathearn:

@billstr Hi, Bill. Need your HELP, please. #Google #Knol ERROR --->
Access to the webpage was denied!!! No one can connect to #Knol,
check!

Hope this helps ;) Maybe retweet it also!

On May 13, 9:41 am, Peter Baskerville <sam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like all the redirection links between Knol and Annotum articles are
> broken and has been for days. Error message reads:
> Access to the webpage was denied
> You are not authorized to access the webpage at *http://knol.google.com/k/nowmaster-accounting/what-is-the-going-conce...
> *. You may need to sign in.

Carl Leubsdorf, Jr.

May 13, 2012, 1:55:56 PM5/13/12
to ann...@googlegroups.com
I see the same issue.

Report sent to Google.

I'll respond back here when I get a response back.

Thanks,
-C