Annotum: Citations, Copyright, and the Creative Commons - a suggestion and a question

Stephen Buck

May 5, 2013, 10:27:07 PM5/5/13
to ann...@googlegroups.com
I frequently access and cite articles from PubMed.

Annotum has a nifty Citation link that opens a pop-up menu, allowing the user to quickly copy the citation source. I think that's great, but I would like to request one additional feature similar to the citation link be considered for a future version.

SUGGESTION

I suggest a link similar to what appears in PubMed appear that allows Copyright and License Information to be entered and easily viewed by the user.

A sample screenshot from PubMed is attached. The article used as a sample is here:

QUESTION

If I publish an article and release it under the Creative Commons by Attribution (http://creativecommons.org) , where is the best position in the Annotum Article interface to place that information?
copyright-sample.png

Carl Leubsdorf, Jr.

May 6, 2013, 10:04:12 PM5/6/13
to ann...@googlegroups.com
Good suggestion.  As for where to put the copyright information, I can think of two ways to add this, one at the article level and one at the site level.  At the site level, add a page or post with the license and link to it from the site footer (see http://annotum.org/copyright for an example).  At the article level, add a section at the bottom called "Copyright and License" with the appropriate text and or link.