Annif and Koha

Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay

Mar 15, 2022, 11:24:46 AM3/15/22
to annif...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

I would like to explore the possibilities of integrating Koha (an open source ILS) with Annif (as a backend provider for subject descriptors). The framework for integration may be as followed -

1. I'm presently working with feeding Annif with the LC Subject Headings by using the ttl file as developed by Jim Hah;

2. The moment vocabulary feeding and training of Aniif is completed, I can use API of Annif from my local Annif instance;

3. Is it then possible to link that API fetching mechanism with 650 tag (subject access field) in Koha (say the given MARC record is already populated with 245 Title tag and 5xx Note fields)? Can Annif display suggestions to fill up 650 tag values in Koha?

I don't know whether I am thinking in the right direction or not, but if this can be done at the Koha side then it will be really wonderful for LIS professionals in the developing bloc of the world like us.

Best regards

Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay

Professor, Department of Library and Information Science,

University of Kalyani, Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India