nn-ensemble - illegal instruction (core dumped) error

Phabion Sophron

Feb 26, 2024, 1:21:59 AMFeb 26
to Annif Users
Hey,

I tried to train an nn-ensemble for Annif but got an Illegal instruction (core dumped) message.

I run Annif on a virtual Ubuntu (64bit) distribution with Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager. I allocated it 10 GB of RAM and 8 CPU on my processor.

My laptop runs on Windows 10 Home with a 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1255U   1.70 GHz processor and 16 GB of installed RAM.

Can someone help my how I can fix this error?

Thank you :)

juho.i...@helsinki.fi

Feb 26, 2024, 2:04:49 AMFeb 26
to Annif Users
Hi Fabian!

Most probably you get the error because AVX support is not available inside the virtual machine. You could try to follow the troubleshooting instructions from Annif tutorial to enable the support:

If this does not help, please post some additional information, like the version of Annif you are using and the command for which the crash occurs (and if some other commands work).

-Juho

Phabion Sophron

Feb 27, 2024, 3:43:14 AMFeb 27
to Annif Users
Hey Juho,

Thank you so much for your help. The troubleshooting instructions helped me to solve the problem.

Have a great day.

-Fabian