Annif at ELAG 2022

Annif Users

Apr 25, 2022, 8:04:28 AMApr 25
to Annif Users
Hi all,

Interested in learning more about automated indexing? Annif (https://annif.org) is an automated indexing tool developed at the National Library of Finland. We are arranging an Annif Bootcamp at the ELAG 2022 Conference! The event is organized by the European Library Automation Group in Riga, Latvia from 08 to 10 June 2022. The registration is now open, see https://elag2022.lnb.lv/registration/. The fee for the three-day conference is 150 EUR, including the social dinner on 9 June.

In short, the bootcamp is similar to the Annif tutorials we have organized before (https://github.com/NatLibFi/Annif-tutorial). The participants learn Annif by completing exercises with the help of online materials (including short instructional videos) as well instruction and discussion at the event. You’ll find more information about the bootcamp here: https://elag2022.lnb.lv/programme/bootcamps/#Osma_Suominen. The instructors of the bootcamp are Osma Suominen, Mona Lehtinen and Juho Inkinen from the National Library of Finland together with Moritz Fürneisen from ZBW, the Leibniz Information Centre for Economics in Germany.

The Annif Bootcamp has a 2 hour session allocated for each of the three days of the conference and we will assign a set of themes for each session; the first session will be a beginner session with help available for those just getting started, while the two others will concentrate on more advanced topics. You don't necessarily have to attend all three sessions.