Annif tutorial update

Annif Users

Nov 15, 2022, 4:56:41 AM11/15/22
to Annif Users

Hi all,

We did a major update of the Annif tutorial materials ahead of an online workshop at the SWIB22 conference. Unfortunately the workshop is fully booked, but all the materials remain available for self study. The main changes are listed here:

General changes
  • use Annif 0.59 instead of 0.57 (this includes the switch to multilingual vocabularies; language suffixes have been stripped from vocabulary ids in all exercises)

  • redesign of the exercise outline page with new numbering, icons for videos/exercises and new exercise diagram using Mermaid

  • cheat sheet for working on the Linux command line

  • VirtualBox image has been updated with latest software and now includes DVC tools

Updates to the videos
  • new Introduction video

  • new TFIDF video

  • new MLLM video

  • edited Ensemble video

Updates to existing exercises
  • major rewrite of ensemble exercise, to better correspond with the ensemble video + EXTRA section on hyperparameter optimization of ensemble weights

  • EXTRA section on parallel evaluation in the evaluation exercise

  • EXTRA section on learning curves in the MLLM exercise

  • EXTRA section on incremental learning in the NN ensemble exercise (separate exercise on incremental learning was deleted)

  • EXTRA section on different Omikuji flavors (bonsai, attentionxml) in the Omikuji exercise

New optional exercises
  • exercise about multiclass classification, using the 20 Newsgroups data set and SVC backend

  • exercise about using Data Version Control tools

  • exercise about languages and filtering

  • exercise about running Annif in production

- The Annif-team

P Stacey

Nov 15, 2022, 5:17:10 AM11/15/22
to Annif Users
Many thanks, I use these resources all the time, as I am still learning:)
Phil Stacey

Sent from my iPhone