Little Orphan Annie as superhero art

Michael Poteet

Jul 18, 2023, 6:39:26 PM7/18/23
to Annieorphans
Hi, fellow Annie fans - Thought you mind find this amusing. The Comic Book Resources website apparently asked a lot of superhero comic book artists to reimagine classic newspaper comic strip characters as superheroes, and everyone's favorite orphan is among those depicted, along the lines of Batman:

https://www.cbr.com/line-it-is-drawn-newspaper-comic-strip-characters-become-comic-book-heroes/

I like the justification a superhero mask would give to Annie's pupil-less eyes!

Respectfully,
Mike Poteet

Tricia T

Jul 22, 2023, 3:33:28 PM7/22/23
to Annieorphans
Cool art! This reminds me of the 1995 Fremantle Corp. VHS video "Little Orphan Annie's A Very Animated Christmas" (basically a retelling of Dickens "A Christmas Carol" with Warbucks in place of Scrooge). The "Annie of Christmas Future" in that video has a futuristic-super-hero look very similar to what this artist envisioned, although without a mask.

Sandy Ainley

Jul 26, 2023, 3:58:32 PM7/26/23
to Tricia T, Annieorphans
On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 at 20:33, Tricia T <true.blue....@gmail.com> wrote:
Cool art! This reminds me of the 1995 Fremantle Corp. VHS video "Little Orphan Annie's A Very Animated Christmas" (basically a retelling of Dickens "A Christmas Carol" with Warbucks in place of Scrooge). The "Annie of Christmas Future" in that video has a futuristic-super-hero look very similar to what this artist envisioned, although without a mask.

How do I communicate with other fans please?

communicate with other fans please?

e.com/d/output

.