1982 Annie 4K release (but only as part of a box set)

Michael Poteet

Aug 31, 2022, 2:21:46 PM8/31/22
to Annieorphans
Annie (1982) is getting the 4K treatment, but only as part of Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection Volume 3 ... Specifications below from https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/108485/columbiaclassics4kultrahdcollectionvolume3.html.

I am SO disappointed it does not appear this 4K disc, with what seems to be a fair amount of new material for the 40th anniversary, will not be available as a standalone purchase. From what I gather on Reddit, fans of some other films that were upgraded to 4K in previous volumes of Columbia Classics are still waiting for standalone releases, several years later. So it's by no means a done deal.

Maybe someone on eBay will want to break up their boxed set. As much as I have a soft spot for the show, and especially this movie -- and as undeniably classic as several other films in this set are -- I can't see spending $100 for it.

"Aw, gee," indeed! :)

=========

ANNIE

SYNOPSIS
Celebrating its 40th anniversary, ANNIE is the story of everyone’s favorite plucky, red-haired orphan! One day Annie (Aileen Quinn) is chosen to stay for a week with the famous billionaire “Daddy” Warbucks (Albert Finney). One week turns into many, and the only person standing in the way of Annie’s fun is Miss Hannigan, the tyrannical ruler of the orphanage (played to hilarious perfection by Carol Burnett). Will Miss Hannigan’s zany attempts to kidnap the irrepressible Annie succeed? Sing along with the unforgettable songs and experience this beloved musical!

ANNIE Disc Breakdown
  • 4K Ultra HD Includes:
    • Feature presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision, restored from the original camera negative
    • Dolby Atmos English audio
    • 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
    • Original 2-Channel Surround DTS-HD Master Audio
    • Special Feature:
      • NEW: LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE – 1932 feature starring Mitzi Green as Annie, newly restored and presented in HD!
  • Feature Blu-ray Includes:
    • Feature presented in high definition, sourced from the 4K master
    • 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
    • Original 2-Channel Surround DTS-HD Master Audio
    • Special Features:
  • NEW: Cast Audio Commentary - featuring all-new reflections from stars Carol Burnett, Ann Reinking, Tim Curry and Roseanne Sorrentino
  • NEW: Aileen Quinn: A Conversation
  • NEW: Behind the Music with Charles Strouse
  • NEW: Looking Back: Behind the Scenes
    • Annie’s Journey to the Screen
    • “Easy Street”
    • “I Don’t Need Anything But You”
    • Making a Finale (no audio)
  • Sing-Along with Annie!
  • My Hollywood Adventure with Aileen Quinn
  • Musical Performance by Play: "It's the Hard-Knock Life"
  • Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots
ANNIE has a run time of approximately 127 minutes and is rated PG.