Aileen Quinn, Rosanne Sorrentino, and Toni Ann Gisondi at con in PA

Michael Poteet

Aug 22, 2022, 1:37:38 PM8/22/22
to Annieorphans
Hi, all Annie fans..

Aileen Quinn, along with Rosanne Sorrentino (Pepper in the 1982 film) and Toni Ann Gisondi (Molly in same) will be appearing Labor Day Weekend at Revolution Superfest in Phoenixville, PA.

I don't have any more details, but information and tickets available at:

https://revolutionsuperfest.com/

As this looks primarily like a toy, card, and gaming expo, it's not immediately clear to me what the Annie connection is (merch from 1982?), but it might be a neat chance to meet three of the stars of the movie.

Here's to Tomorrow,
Mike Poteet (Havertown, PA)

Stephen Russo

Aug 22, 2022, 8:39:40 PM8/22/22
to Annieorphans
The "Superfest" group has run Comics, Toy, Collectables, Pop Culture, etc conventions in PA, NJ (their home base) and MA for more than a decade.

The Connection is it's the 40th Anniversary of the 1982 "Annie" movie and Aileen has over the years made public appearances as various pop culture conventions and autograph shows. She's done a few appearances so far this year, just recently in IL at the big Wheaton all-Night Flee Market.

This is the first time that Aileen, Rosanne (Who as most of you know, was also the first "Annie" in the 3rd National Touring company for over a year in 1979-1981) and Toni Ann have done a public appearance together at one of these shows.

The Gals will be appearing on the 2nd and The 3rd of September. (Friday and Saturday)

Michael Poteet

Aug 22, 2022, 11:49:25 PM8/22/22
to Annieorphans
Thanks for the extra information. I knew it was the film's 40th, but it still struck me as odd when I saw the TV commercial, to have Aileen Quinn showing up amidst all the superhero cartoon voice actors and wrestling stars and whatnot :)

I wish she and her Leaping Lizards group were performing, but it doesn't appear that is the case!

Michael Poteet

Sep 3, 2022, 10:47:42 PM9/3/22
to Annieorphans
What a fun morning meeting all three at Revolution Superfest this morning! All of them were so nice and friendly.

I complimented Aileen on her music with her band and asked if we might ever see an album of her doing Broadway show tunes. She thinks probably not, although if she did, it would lean heavily into Sondheim. She is still writing a book for this 40th anniversary year, but it's going slower than she'd hoped because of the touring.

Also very nice to meet Rosanne and Toni. Rosanne even asked me if I'd been made to wear a bald cap when I played Warbucks in high school. (I did wear one, though as I told her, I wish I'd just shaved my head!)

Toni and Rosanne with MSP.jpgAileen Quinn and MSP.jpg

Julie Stevens

Sep 3, 2022, 11:34:11 PM9/3/22
to Annieorphans
Great photos. So glad that you got to meet them and chat. Thanks for posting.

Julie

Tricia T

Sep 5, 2022, 5:51:36 PM9/5/22
to Annieorphans
I agree -- Great photos Mike, thanks for sharing. I was wondering about the t-shirt you are wearing -- was that from a production of the show that you were in, or attended? Or is that a commercially-available t-shirt? I would buy one for myself.

Michael Poteet

Sep 5, 2022, 7:21:13 PM9/5/22
to Tricia T, Annieorphans
Hi, Tricia - I ordered that shirt special for the occasion from Redbubble: https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/Little-Orphan-Annie-Warbucks-Sandy-Comic-Film-by-EWSFBYK/74131684.IJ6L0

I wanted something with Daddy Warbucks as part of the design, since that was my role in our high school's production 32 years ago now (and I still haven't gotten over it!) :)

I was going to get gray, but decided, I won't wear an Annie red dress; I might as well wear an Annie-red shirt!

Whether it is officially licensed by Tribune Media, or whomever now owns the rights to the comic strip, I can't say. But all three women commented approvingly on it!

Best,
Mike

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 5:51 PM Tricia T <true.blue....@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree -- Great photos Mike, thanks for sharing. I was wondering about the t-shirt you are wearing -- was that from a production of the show that you were in, or attended? Or is that a commercially-available t-shirt? I would buy one for myself.

Tricia T

Sep 12, 2022, 12:34:03 PM9/12/22
to Annieorphans
Thanks for the info, Mike! I am going to to assume NOT officially licensed. Upon closer inspection, it's an interesting mix of elements: the character art comes from the Annie Warbucks showcard, the "Little Orphan" from the comic strip header, and the "Annie" logo from the 1982 movie. I wonder if the creator of this shirt intentionally intended to meld the three main aspects of Annie's media appearances (stage/comic strip/movie). Anyway, it was the perfect shirt for you to wear to the event.