Notepad++ Annex Language Profile

Dwight

May 17, 2019, 7:18:03 PM5/17/19
to annex_w...@googlegroups.com
Is there a list available of Annex Key words??

This way they could be brought into notepad ++ (a programming text editor) such that the code would be highlighted similar to when developing in Annex's IDE.

2nd unrelated question...
When copying example code in the forum that has been highlighted and then pasted into the IDE there is then extra CR/LF's that have to be deleted.

Can this be fixed?

3rd question...

When ever I try to paste code from the "Syntax Highlight" tool it creates a box as expected, but then I have a very hard time writing any more comments after the box.  What am I doing wrong?

And if I want to delete the box of code and paste again I can not fully delete the box.

Thanks
dwight

cicciocb

May 18, 2019, 2:59:38 AM5/18/19
to annex_w...@googlegroups.com
In the toolkit folder, there is a .js file that contains all the keywords.

edit :

I'm modifying the toolkit to fix the problem when pasted in the forum

Dwight

May 18, 2019, 12:19:13 PM5/18/19
to annex_w...@googlegroups.com
I have attached a file "Annex.xml" which is an .xml export from Notepad++.

If you want to give it a try open notepad++ and then go to
Language
Define your language
choose Import
browse to the Annex file
do a Save As to save it

Then you can type or copy/paste code and in the Language drop down choose Annex at the bottom of the list.

It is not Exactly like the Annex IDE but it is very close.
Notepad++ is very handy for writing and editing code.
You can also do a side by side comparison, two windows, etc. etc.

and when you just close notepad++ all your work and open windows are preserved.

You will have to select "Annex" each time you open or start a new document.
The preferences allow you to set a default language but only for the built in languages not for the user defined ones.

dwight
Annex.xml

cicciocb

May 18, 2019, 1:00:24 PM5/18/19
to Annex WiFi RDS
Very good Dwight.
It works well in Notepad++ .

Maybe we should move on the main site.

Dwight

May 18, 2019, 3:40:49 PM5/18/19
to annex_w...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please do.
So it will be easy for others to access.

NOTE:  I changed the file name to Annex.xml
I tried to import it back in as a test and realized notepad++ was specifically looking for files with .xml extension.

dwight

Dwight

May 18, 2019, 10:54:33 PM5/18/19
to annex_w...@googlegroups.com
hey Group,

If you downloaded the notepad++ Annex.xml file you might want to get the latest version.
I have made a couple of corrections in colors.

I replaced the original file in my post above with the updated one.

When importing into notepad++ you might want to go into the
Language
Define your language
choose User language "Annex" and then hit the "Remove" button on the right
Then import the new one  (it is possible to end up with multiple profiles of the same name if you don't remove the old one)

dwight

cicciocb

May 19, 2019, 11:50:37 AM5/19/19
to Annex WiFi RDS
I've uploaded it in the download page on the web site