Deep Sleep

Andy Gadget

Nov 26, 2020, 12:10:57 PM11/26/20
to annex_w...@googlegroups.com
Like an idiot I've just spent more hours then I care to mention trying to get the SLEEP command to work on a TTGO ESP32 board; It would sleep but not wake up.  Upshot was . . . . . . I was entering the sleep time in milliseconds, not seconds so my expected 5 second SLEEP was actually 83 minutes!!!

Anyway, idiocy over.
Does the ESP32 now use the internal timer method of restarting after sleep as the GPIO16 link appears to be no longer required? - It wakes without it.
If that's correct then the link info can be removed from the help file.

As an aside, the TTGO ESP32 board I'm using gives the following current consumption figures when battery powered :
Fully powered                      : 135mA
Wifi sleep                             : 64mA
Wifi sleep and 80Mhz clock : 32mA
Deep sleep                          : 0.253mA

ciccio cb

Nov 26, 2020, 12:39:54 PM11/26/20
to Annex WiFi RDS
Thanks Andy,
yes, you are right, the doc is simply a copy paste from the ESP8266.

That link is not required for the ESP32.

On Thu, 26 Nov 2020 at 18:10, Andy Gadget <goo...@touchingtoads.co.uk> wrote:
Like an idiot I've just spent more hours then I care to mention trying to get the SLEEP command to work on a TTGO ESP32 board; It would sleep but not wake up.  Upshot was . . . . . . I was entering the sleep time in milliseconds, not seconds so my expected 5 second SLEEP was actually 83 minutes!!!

Anyway, idiocy over.
Does the ESP32 now use the internal timer method of restarting after sleep as the link appears to be no longer required? - It wakes without it.