Japanese flashcards: Is furigana possible?

awakea...@gmail.com

May 10, 2014, 9:42:42 AM5/10/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi, could someone tell me how to use furigana (small text above the kanji to give it's reading) if it's possible please?

Thanks

Charles J. Daniels

May 10, 2014, 10:30:56 AM5/10/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
I found this post: https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/ankidesktop/593-furigana-in-romaji-katakana

From what I gather, if your note has a field called "word", you can put {{furigana:word}} on a card template and it will show hiragana.

You may want to do other searchs at anki.tenderapp.com -- though this mainly relates to the desktop client, I read somewhere that ankidroid support ruby

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 6:42 AM, <awakea...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, could someone tell me how to use furigana (small text above the kanji to give it's reading) if it's possible please?

Thanks

Charles J. Daniels

May 10, 2014, 10:31:56 AM5/10/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
let me correct that: that website relates to desktop client

the {{furigana:word}} feature, I would suspect, works on ankidroid too (but may not)

ospalh

May 12, 2014, 4:56:47 AM5/12/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com

Am Samstag, 10. Mai 2014 16:31:56 UTC+2 schrieb chajadan:
let me correct that: that website relates to desktop client

the {{furigana:word}} feature, I would suspect, works on ankidroid too (but may not)

Very much so.

The easiest way to enter your Japanese is with the desktop client and the Japanese Support add-on. You enter kanji, and Anki, or rather than add-on,  will create the readings for you. Then use {{furigana:Reading}} on your cards. The furigana/ruby work on all platforms, Anki desktop, Anki web, AnkiDroid and AnkiMobile (iOS).

See  https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/3918629684 and the Anki desktop manual: http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html

When you already have a model that uses the {{furigana:Reading}}, you can add new cards on AnkiDroid, but you have to type in the readings yourself. Put the kana in square brackets after the kanji, and an ASCII space before the kanji, like this: "お 早[はよ]う"