AnkiDroid Karteikarten - an obvious bug in the app?

Markus Mösch

Aug 28, 2022, 10:48:02 AM8/28/22
to public...@ankidroid.org
Hi,

I am new in anki and I have just installed the ankidroid app and watched some videos introducing this application first. There is still one question remaining and I want to adress it directly to you because I couldn't solve the problem otherwise.

I symply created a few cards to check out the basic functions and it seems to be quite intuitive. My intention is to learn French with anki and i want to create my own cards.

If i do so, i want to see the word on the front site in my mother tongue and on the back site in french. Pretty simple. But if i do so and use the cards browser of the app afterwards , it symply doesn't show both sides although i have chosen the fields "question" (=front side of the card) and "answer" (=back side of the card). For example I have typed in "father" on the front side and "frère" on the back side. The card itself works but the whole informations can't be seen in the cards browser. I have added two screenshots to illustrate the issue.

This is pretty annoying. I have already deleted the app and installed it once again but the problem remains. Is this a bug? Am I symply to stupid or is it - unlikely in my opinion - intended to be this way?

Thank you in advance for your kindly support.

Kind regards

Markus

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android
Screenshot_20220828_101902_com.ichi2.anki.jpg
Screenshot_20220828_101912_com.ichi2.anki.jpg

Mike Hardy

Aug 28, 2022, 10:49:33 AM8/28/22
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, Markus Mösch, public...@ankidroid.org

Hi there!

That does look like something is wrong - does it look the same on AnkiWeb or on Anki Desktop (if you try them?)

Have you tried a test version of the latest alphas to see if this same issue exists (it's possible we have already found + fixed something): https://github.com/ankidroid/Anki-Android/releases

There is something going on, just not sure what yet. Looks fine on my phone of course ;-)

-Mike

Markus Mösch

Aug 28, 2022, 11:00:26 AM8/28/22
to Mike Hardy, anki-a...@googlegroups.com, public...@ankidroid.org
Hi Mike,

thank you for your prompt answer. I haven't tried the desktop version yet. I am going to try it out tomorrow, maybe the problem can be bypassed by creating the cards on a windows computer.

Best regards