How do I delete a deck?

Lara Blanchard

Dec 27, 2011, 11:49:17 PM12/27/11
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I'm confused on how to delete a deck.  I accidentally downloaded a deck.
I couldn't find the answer in the FAQs.
Thank you!

Nicolas Raoul

Dec 28, 2011, 12:10:02 AM12/28/11
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lara,

1) Go to the list of decks
2) Long-press the deck
3) Select "Delete deck"

This should be added to the help page indeed:
https://code.google.com/p/ankidroid/wiki/help

Thanks for using AnkiDroid!
Nicolas Raoul

Flavio Lerda

Jan 1, 2012, 12:22:15 PM1/1/12
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
I added a section about deleting a deck at the bottom of the usage page.
--
Flavio Lerda

G P

Feb 20, 2012, 11:32:30 PM2/20/12
to AnkiDroid
Deleting a deck in Ankidroid will not affect the deck in Anki Desktop,
right?

GP

On Jan 1, 12:22 pm, Flavio Lerda <fle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I added a section about deleting a deck at the bottom of the usage page.https://code.google.com/p/ankidroid/wiki/Usage
>
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Nicolas Raoul <nicolas.ra...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hi Lara,
>
> > 1) Go to the list of decks
> > 2) Long-press the deck
> > 3) Select "Delete deck"
>
> > This should be added to the help page indeed:
> >https://code.google.com/p/ankidroid/wiki/help
>
> > Thanks for using AnkiDroid!
> > Nicolas Raoul
>
> > On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Lara Blanchard <lfmar...@gmail.com>

Nicolas Raoul

Feb 20, 2012, 11:36:52 PM2/20/12
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello GP,

You are right, it is not affected in Anki Desktop.

Cheers!
Nicolas Raoul

crsb...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2013, 6:22:07 PM9/24/13
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lara,

1) Go to the list of decks
2) Long-press the deck
3) Select "Delete deck"

Hi,
It doesn't work in my instance. (I get to the option, select it, confirm, and after the "please, wait" dialog the deck is not deleted.)
Regards.

crsb...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2013, 6:25:00 PM9/24/13
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lara,

1) Go to the list of decks
2) Long-press the deck
3) Select "Delete deck"

Hi,
It doesn't work (in my case). I get to the option, confirm it and after "please, wait" the deck is still there. What am I doing wrong?
Regards,

Tim

Sep 26, 2013, 10:05:35 AM9/26/13
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, crsb...@gmail.com
Is the deck very large (> 10,000 cards)? Large decks can take a very long time to delete at the moment unfortunately.
If possible, could you please try again, but leave it for some time (> 25min), preferably while plugged into the charger.

gregpr...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2018, 11:41:47 PM11/8/18
to AnkiDroid
I am so unsuccessful getting help on this basic requirement.  —Ok, I pressed and held on one of the decks listed, in this case 'Filtered Deck 1'. I held for about ten seconds. No response. Once you actually select the deck there is NO command ANYWHERE to delete the deck. Not in the menu bar, not on the dialogue box. Control-clicking brings up only COPY. Any ideas, anyone??
Thanks

Mike Hardy

Nov 8, 2018, 11:47:59 PM11/8/18
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com

If a long-press on a deck doesn't work, I'm not sure what to do.

There is no way other than a long-press on a deck title in the deck
picker to bring up the options menu, and there's no way to delete the
deck except from that options menu

There must be something going on with your device to make long-press not
work. I did a quick search online and I see a few possible
device-specific causes, for instance if you have talkback enabled you
may have to do a double-tap with the second tap being the long-press.
There may be other cases.

I know that it works for most though and I use it personally all the
time, so this is pretty odd to me. Wish I could help more

-Mike
> anki-a...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> > anki-android...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> > For more options, visit this group at
> > http://groups.google.com/group/anki-android?hl=en-GB
> <http://groups.google.com/group/anki-android?hl=en-GB>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/anki-android/b5f421fd-8e7f-4085-a340-fd8749d0b5eb%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/anki-android/b5f421fd-8e7f-4085-a340-fd8749d0b5eb%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Greg Rochlin

Nov 10, 2018, 1:39:50 AM11/10/18
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Heaps for your reply Mike. I found out that when I made my dialogue window wider the settings gear became exposed and I could do the deletion via that. Ideally Anki would be conscious of the dialogue window but there you go. Otherwise ideally the manual could remind the user to pull out their dialogue window ...
Cheers
Greg

Feb 20, 2021, 9:53:22 AM2/20/21
to AnkiDroid
I just tried to delete a deck.  A long press on the deck name did nothing. BUT a long press on the gear icon brought up the menu and I was able to delete the deck.