Fwd: Action Required: Your app is not compliant with Google Play Policies (AnkiDroid Flashcards)

Nicolas Raoul

Sep 10, 2021, 1:59:34 AM9/10/21
to anki-android
Hi all,
I just received this:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Google Play Support <no-reply-googl...@google.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 3:55 AM
Subject: Action Required: Your app is not compliant with Google Play Policies (AnkiDroid Flashcards)

Google Play Developer update

Hi Developers at AnkiDroid Open Source Team,
After a recent review, we found that your app AnkiDroid Flashcards (com.ichi2.anki) is not compliant with one or more of our Developer Program Policies. Please resolve the issue within 7 days of the issuance of this notification or your app will be removed from Google Play.
Reasons of violation
Issue with your app
Your app contains content that doesn’t comply with the Payments policy. Please see the attached screenshot for more information.
Reasons of violation
About the Payments policy
Apps that employ in-store or in-app purchases must comply with the Payments policy guidelines. Specifically, Google Play's billing system must not be used in cases where payments include tax exempt donations.
Action required: Submit an updated app within 7 days
Here’s what to do to help make sure that your app stays available on Google Play:
1. Read through the Payments policy for more details.
2. If the donations are for an eligible tax-exempt organization, please provide verifiable documentation that indicates the organization’s tax-exempt status (e.g., Internal Revenue Service determination letter for entities in the United States) through the Advance Notice Form
  • If the organization is not a tax-exempt organization, you must remove the donation functionality from your app or use Google Play's in-app billing system when collecting donations.
3. Double check that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies
4. Sign in to your Play Console and submit the update to your app.
Contact support
If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel our decision may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. We'll get back to you within 2 business days.
Learn more
Visit the Android Developers Blog to learn more about free tools and resources for building safe and successful apps.
Thanks for your continued support in helping to make Google Play a positive experience for both developers and consumers.
Please complete a two question survey to help us improve this experience.
The Google Play Team

© 2021 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Update your marketing preferences to receive the latest news and tips.

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play Developer account.

20210909_185419_400_PDT.png

Mike Hardy

Sep 10, 2021, 12:10:19 PM9/10/21
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, Nicolas Raoul

Thanks for sending that!

I think they're off-target on this / have analyzed it incorrectly, but I'll do what I can do get it sorted of course :-)

-Mike