Restore from backup AnkiDroid

Ryan Whelpdale

Sep 16, 2021, 8:48:42 AM9/16/21
to AnkiDroid
When I try to restore from backup, it says importing collection, then nothing happens. I can access my backup on AnkiWeb: it is up to date. What can I do to get the backup to put the words back on my phone, please? Android 5.1.1
Thanks.

Mike Hardy

Sep 16, 2021, 8:57:17 AM9/16/21
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Whelpdale

Hi there!

That's very strange that restoring from backup on the device does not work.

If you are sure that AnkiWeb contains the data you want, then I would go to Settings --> Advanced and toggle "force full sync" on your next sync, then carefully read the prompts in order to get a full sync down to your device / keeping the data from AnkiWeb

After you have done the full sync from AnkiWeb to device all your data should be there

-Mike