Images are not displayed in Ankidroid

João Lucas Furtado Temtem

Feb 10, 2021, 4:15:45 PM2/10/21
to AnkiDroid
I've followed all the steps, the images are shown in windows and in Ankiweb. However, they stopped appearing in Ankidroid. I've followed the steps in the support site and it doesn't work. I would appreciate if someone reached out and helped me...

anki não funciona......png

Mike Hardy

Feb 10, 2021, 4:17:08 PM2/10/21
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com

Hi there!

https://github.com/ankidroid/Anki-Android/wiki/FAQ#why-doesnt-my-sound-or-image-work-on-ankidroid

That's our normal set of steps

The error message about 'sync8.ankiweb.net' is odd, that name resolves for me and appears to be a local network issue?

-Mike

On 2/10/21 2:11 PM, João Lucas Furtado Temtem wrote:
I've followed all the steps, the images are shown in windows and in Ankiweb. However, they stopped appearing in Ankidroid. I've followed the steps in the support site and it doesn't work. I would appreciate if someone reached out and helped me...

João Lucas Furtado Temtem

Jun 16, 2024, 6:04:17 AMJun 16
to AnkiDroid
Thanks a lot for your answer! The problem is solved now.

It was a problem with downloading a large amount of media files (because the images showed on Ankiweb). In the support site, it says that "this will take some time on the first sync". However, I found that one sync was not enough to download all the media, because when the sync was finished, it still had not downloaded all the images. Your suggestion that it was a local network issue led me to try to sync it several times for all the media to download, and it eventually worked. Thank you!

Now, when I make a big change in the Anki collection and need to download it to Ankidroid, I may need to let it sync more than once to let all the media download, and this solves the problem.