Studying in different time zone skewing statistics

David Resnick

May 28, 2024, 1:09:31 AMMay 28
to AnkiDroid
Hi folks,

I recently spent 3 weeks in a time zone 4 hours ahead of my usual time zone. I didn't have any problems with cards scheduled for the day. But I noticed that my study times were being logged according to my usual time zone, i.e. 4 hours earlier. This also led to 2 days showing as not having reviews.

I'm using the latest AnkiDroid 2.18.1 (anki 24.04.1) and have had FSRS enabled since it was available in a standard release.

How can I avoid this in the future?

Thanks,
David

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-28 at 08.06.01.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-28 at 06.19.41.jpeg

snowtimeglass

May 29, 2024, 7:27:05 AMMay 29
to AnkiDroid
Hi,

I don't understand your situation enough, so I'm wondering about whether you can avoid it by adjusting the clock of your device to the time zone.

Regarding the recent case, you may want to try configuring the following setting:

'Settings' > 'Reviewing' > 'Start of next day' > set it to, for example, '0 hours past midnight'

Best,
Yuki

2024年5月28日火曜日 14:09:31 UTC+9 David Resnick: