How to tell if the deck is finished for the day

Matthew Dodds

Mar 29, 2024, 10:53:59 AMMar 29
to public-forum
Hi,

I've seen that there have been a lot of updates to the android app recently. I was wondering, after finishing a deck, how can you tell if you have finished looking at all cards for the day or if more are going to come up in a few minutes? When opening a finished deck it used to have a different message saying either "you are finished for today" or "for now" (can't remember the exact phrase) but now there seems to be no difference.

Thanks!

snowtimeglass

Apr 1, 2024, 4:27:09 AMApr 1
to AnkiDroid
Hi,

If I understand correctly, it had the same message saying "Congratulations! You have finished for now." in both cases in the version before the recent updates, that is, in version 2.16.5.

For now (in 2.17.6), you can tell if the deck is finished for the day or not, by the difference of the result after tapping the deck again, as in 2.16.5. This flow may be improved in the future for more useful.

Also, it is possible to use the congratulation screen (which was used in from 2.17.0 to 2.17.5) again. The screen includes "The next learning card will be ready in x minutes" information.

Best

2024年3月29日金曜日 23:53:59 UTC+9 Matthew Dodds:

Matthew Dodds

Apr 1, 2024, 10:14:49 AMApr 1
to AnkiDroid
Thanks a lot for your reply!!

I checked and I have version 2.17.6 installed.

I tried testing this. When I click into the deck, I see the screen below, whether I have finished for now (but more cards are going to appear later in the day) or if I have completed all cards for the day. There is no difference. I tried looking for a setting to turn on the congratulation screen again but I am unable to find the setting. Is it possible to reenable that? Or has that been removed from the app?

Thanks

Screenshot_20240401_132254_AnkiDroid.jpg

snowtimeglass

Apr 1, 2024, 9:06:42 PMApr 1
to AnkiDroid
Hi,

I guess that you still have one or more unstudied new cards or review cards (over the limit for a day).

In case all cards are studied, I suppose the following message is shown after tapping the deck again.
Screenshot_2024-04-02-00-03-37-43_fa11baa8cf97fb058a8216ef334c7693.jpg
As you may feel, this criteria is not necessarily very convenient for your purpose. It may be improved in future.

Regarding the congratulation screen, the option to show the screen is also not shown in 2.17.6, by default.

You can find the option after tapping the app logo 6 times in 'Settings' > 'About' screen.

Best wishes

2024年4月1日月曜日 23:14:49 UTC+9 Matthew Dodds:

Matthew Dodds

Apr 3, 2024, 6:08:46 AMApr 3
to AnkiDroid
Hi. I've changed it to that congratulations screen and I think I've noticed the problem. I think it's a bug in the applciation. In either case, if I have finished all card for the day, or if I have just finished for now and more cards will appear again later in the day, it gives the same message "You have finished all cards for today!" So I think that it is not correctly recognising when i'm done 'for today' or just done 'for now'.

Thanks

snowtimeglass

Apr 5, 2024, 9:22:47 PMApr 5
to AnkiDroid
Hi,

assuming you are talking about "¡Enhorabuena! Has finalizado este mazo por hoy.", it seems an Spanish translation issue. In English in 2.17.6, "Congratulations! You have finished this deck for now." is shown in both case.

"¡Enhorabuena! Has finalizado este mazo por ahora." was suggested as the Spanish message just now.

Best,
Yuki

2024年4月3日水曜日 19:08:46 UTC+9 Matthew Dodds: