Assistance needed for installing full-universal AnkiDroid build

Abdullah Ahmad

Mar 30, 2024, 12:08:31 PMMar 30
to public...@ankidroid.org
I want to install full universal build to solve my issue on Anroid not letting me open app without storage permission. Please guide on how I can get this build on my phone, as it's not on Play Store but on GitHub.
Screenshot_20240329_204949_Gmail.jpg

snowtimeglass

Apr 2, 2024, 10:47:02 PMApr 2
to AnkiDroid
Hi,

you may want to try the following steps:

- Make one or more copies (backups) of your "AnkiDroid" folder (directory), just in case.
  * This step is done with the file manager app in your device.

- Uninstall the current app with "Keep app data" checked in the uninstallation confirmation dialog

- Restart the device

- Download the full universal build file
  * https://github.com/ankidroid/Anki-Android/releases/download/v2.17.6/AnkiDroid-2.17.6-full-universal.apk

- Open the downloaded file. (Then, the installation starts)
  * Allow permission to install the app if requested.

- Start the installed app

- Allow permission to access the storage

If you succeed in accessing the collection, you may want to sync it with AnkiWeb or export it somewhere as backup.

Best

2024年3月31日日曜日 1:08:31 UTC+9 Abdullah Ahmad: