FW: International Panel on Climate Change Fifth Assessment Report

Judy Reed

Oct 14, 2013, 10:31:09 PM10/14/13
to YES WE CAN!, AnimalVoicesNews, * Leader Democrats
See:

International Panel on Climate Change Fifth Assessment Report
(http://www.ipcc.ch/
<http://go.davidsuzuki.org/188VDU36000007k005oZF00> )

Contact information for the IPCC Secretariat:
C/O World Meteorological Organization
7bis Avenue de la Paix
C.P. 2300
CH- 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland
Phone : +41-22-730-8208/54/84
Fax : +41-22-730-8025/13
<
http://www.ipcc.ch/contact/contact.shtml>

----------
From: David Suzuki Foundation <communi...@davidsuzuki.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:22:52 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Climate change - we have a choice

As you may have heard in the news, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has released the first part of its Fifth Assessment Report. It shows scientists are more certain than ever that humans are largely responsible for the changing climate ­ mainly by burning fossil fuels and cutting down forests ­ and that it's getting worse and poses a serious threat to humanity.1

It also concludes that oceans have warmed, snow and ice have diminished, sea levels have risen and extreme weather events have become more common. For some Canadians, these impacts have been more serious in 2013 than ever before.

Our future will not be determined by chance. It will be determined by choice: Either we ignore the science or we make changes to reduce carbon emissions.

Shifting to cleaner energy sources not only decreases carbon emissions, it also reduces pollution and the environmental damage that comes with extracting coal, oil and gas. That's why the David Suzuki Foundation has been working so hard to identify and detail clean-energy solutions for Canada.

Sincerely,

The David Suzuki Foundation Team

1. International Panel on Climate Change Fifth Assessment Report (http://www.ipcc.ch/ <http://go.davidsuzuki.org/188VDU36000007k005oZF00> ).

Judy Reed

Oct 14, 2013, 10:33:02 PM10/14/13
to YES WE CAN!, AnimalVoicesNews, * Leader Democrats
There is also an email addy for the IPCC

on 10/14/13 8:31 PM, Judy Reed at judy...@earthlink.net wrote:

International Panel on Climate Change Fifth Assessment Report
(
http://www.ipcc.ch/
<