How do I get a copy of anic for my Linux box

G4143

Apr 7, 2010, 8:04:29 PM4/7/10
to anic
Hi,

How do I get a copy of anic for my Linux box..G4143

G4143

Apr 8, 2010, 10:11:19 AM4/8/10
to anic
Got a copy but the compiler doesn't work but you already know that...

Adrian

Apr 8, 2010, 11:49:54 PM4/8/10
to anic
Sorry for the delayed response; things are quite busy here. I'm glad
you were able to clone yourself a copy on your own, but I would be
surprised if you weren't, since the command to do so is clearly
displayed and labeled on the project home page :P.

And yes, I know that it doesn't "work" yet. We're in alpha-
development, after all! Right now in particular the experimental
branch won't build cleanly, and I know this; there's some heavy
progress being made there, but by design it's an experimental fork and
is probably going to remain unstable until it's merged back into the
trunk.

The default branch compiles, parses, and checks for a lot of errors
though, so if you're looking for pre-release functionality, that's
where you'll find it.
Adrian

> > How do I get a copy of anic for my Linux box..G4143- Hide quoted text -

G4143

Apr 9, 2010, 12:06:53 PM4/9/10
to anic
Thanks for the reply Adrian.

The problem was that I never heard of or used hg/Mercurial source code
management system before and my package manager had no idea what 'hg'
was...but everything is worked out now.

As for not compiling,,,I guess I'll have to wait...Good luck with your
endeavours I'll be checking back from time to time..