Scala DSL

philip

Oct 5, 2010, 11:13:36 AM10/5/10
to anic
Hi,

This is a good idea, however I think it would have more adopters if it
was implemented as a Scala DSL.
The problem with stand-alone languages like this is that its hard to
integrate with other existing code which we need to get jobs done.

Thanks, Philip

3Jane

Oct 5, 2010, 12:07:35 PM10/5/10
to anic
Hello,

this is definitely not in the line of Adrian's intentions, if i've
understood them
right. See "Dataflow and optimality" here:

http://groups.google.com/group/ani-compiler/browse_thread/thread/a600cb79854c69a8

Of course his way is much more ambitious and difficult, but it is
nice to see someone trying radical innovations on the deepest
possible level. Til now C is everything in programming really directly
-
but there is no reason to assume, that C's solutions, which have
brought an outstanding and deserved success though, are the only
valid for the decades to come.

Regards, Joost