anic and RosettaCode

axtens

Apr 27, 2011, 10:29:36 AM4/27/11
to anic
G'day everyone,

anic is a significant accomplishment! More people should know about
it. May I suggest RosettaCode <http://www.rosettacode.org>. This is a
programming chrestomathy site which compares languages by defining
tasks and challenging programmers to solve those tasks with their
preferred language.

I have no affiliation with the site. I’m just a programmer, attempting
these tasks with with the few languages that I’m familiar with. I have
benefited from addressing these challenges, and I am sure you shall
also. It will also introduce more people to anic leading perhaps to a
more widespread adoption of the language.

Kind regards,
Bruce M. Axtens

Daniel Kersten

Apr 27, 2011, 11:08:16 AM4/27/11
to bruce....@gmail.com, anic
Hi Bruce,

The publicly available version of anic really isn't close to usable at
this stage and further development is happening in private (for the
time being, at least), so RosettaCode and I guess also introducing
others to ani is a bit premature at the moment. Have a look through
the mailing list archives for more details.

Having said that, do check back in a few months when (hopefully) anic
will be in a testable state. Sadly I am not working on anic at all and
Adrian has been pretty quiet, so I cannot promise anything, but from
what I've heard, Adrian is hard at work on anic.

Regards,
Dan.