some fix for WYSIWYG Text Editor directive in AngularJS that start slow typing.

Rafa

Feb 10, 2019, 11:12:26 AM2/10/19
to Angular and AngularJS discussion

I'm using http://textangular.com/ but don,t think is only about this directive.

I know my web could have slow  digest cycles. But I'm not sure if this could be a cause of slow typing, because while writing in a textarea I do not think it should have anything to do with the angular digest cycle.

When my web has been in use for some time, there is a time between writing and every characters

appear in textangular textarea

I would only need if someone has faced this slow typing and knows some improvements and ideas that can be applied to minimize this effect as much as possible.

Either in textangular or in general in angularJS when using a textarea.

I know that there are solutions like the ng-model-options directive of AngularJS or disable the spellcheck, autocorrect etc.

How can I improve this behavior.

Sorry my English, than you.

Sander Elias

Feb 10, 2019, 11:51:18 PM2/10/19
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hi Rafa,

Yes, slow digest cycles will cause this. But if it slows down over time, you seem to have a leak somewhere. Most often this is caused by not cleaning up when things go out of scope.
a cheat to get you out of this position is doing a page reload when you route to a new view in your app.

Regards
Sander