Theming for new Material Design

Baffour Atuah

Mar 23, 2020, 12:55:42 PM3/23/20
to angular-material2
Hi all,
I've made a style guide based on material, and was finding the guidance (https://material.angular.io/guide/theming) on theming in Angular Material confusing as there's a difference between the values asked for in your palettes and what the material spec asks for. I've now realised that's because the theming is all based on 2014 Material Design. E.g. colour palettes have A100-700, typography styles are different (Display 1-4)

Is the aim to keep angular material in line with the latest design specs, meaning we should expect this to be updated at some point? Or will it just be kept like this to avoid breaking things for existing applications?

If it's the latter what's the most sensible way for me to map between the two myself?