Support for WinUI 3

Nespre t

Jun 16, 2020, 11:49:44 AM6/16/20
to angleproject

Hi there,

Do you plan to support winui 3.0 in a future update ?

Regards,

Geoff Lang

Jun 16, 2020, 12:52:03 PM6/16/20
to nespr...@gmail.com, angleproject
We have no plans to add support for this right now. Always happy to accept contributions though.

Geoff

mattl...@live.com

May 19, 2021, 10:29:05 PM5/19/21
to angleproject
Hey there folks!

Been a good while and I was wondering if there was any change in this thought?
WinUI has changed a fair bit and seems to be going stable and all that.

Just checking.

Matthew

Geoff Lang

May 21, 2021, 12:40:48 PM5/21/21
to mattl...@live.com, angleproject
Hey,

No changes. Briefly looking through their docs, I wouldn't be surprised if ANGLE supports all the surface types they use already. I'm hesitant to support high level Windows UI in ANGLE when the low level primitives can often be extracted.

Geoff

mattl...@live.com

Jan 23, 2024, 4:52:16 PMJan 23
to angleproject
Hi again :)

This is my first CR to angle, but I have done some changes in skia... I hope I did OK :)

Shahbaz Youssefi

Jan 25, 2024, 1:45:04 PMJan 25
to angleproject
Thank you. The first CL (https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/angle/angle/+/5232157) is in review, but the second one (https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/angle/angle/+/5230637) has feedback already, not sure if you were notified.

FYI, you can chain the two changes, so that the second CL is based on the first one and would be a smaller review.