Surface flickering on resize, specific to NV Quadro GPUs

Andrei Ancuta

Jun 10, 2021, 3:15:30 AMJun 10
to angleproject
Hello,

We're seeing this weird issue on our Windows project that only happens on Nvidia Quadro GPUs:
Only reproduced on Nvidia Quadro P1000, Nvidia Quadro T2000 (other GPUs tested don't manifest this defect: Intel iGPU 630, AMD Radeon Pro 560, Nvidia GeForce GT 750M, Nvidia GeForce GTX1660Ti). The Windows version doesn't seem to matter and neither does the driver version.
Videos seem too big to upload here, but aggressively introducing black frames between frames on resize pretty much sums the behaviour up.

The issue is at least as old as Microsoft's ANGLE fork, from which we recently updated to the Google ANGLE's chromium/4496 branch.
Happens on both UWP as well as Win32 apps; The Swapchain is native, coming from XAML. We're passing it to ANGLE through eglCreateWindowSurface. Also, we're using SKIA to draw (M87).

Have you seen this before? Any ideas of workarounds to try, or useful logging?