Status (yet again)

Attila Sukosd

Feb 22, 2012, 6:32:10 AM2/22/12
to AndroiX Users
Hi Guys,

I just found this mailinglist and I would be very interested in
picking this up again and help with the development/testing.

So can someone fill me on what is the status of AndroiX?

Cheers,

Attila

Timothy Meade

Feb 22, 2012, 11:46:32 AM2/22/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com

I've made some improvements to the build system, I will push those to my repo.

It looks like we are still going to have to build with --enable-static unless someone wants to figure out how to clone the technique Mozilla used to load shared libraries.

For some reason the Android resolver is ignoring the -rpath

I'm NOT using the droidgcc wrapper, I can't get the control I had before that was put in place, and can't get things to link correcly with it. (Autoconf is detecting features wrong and not enabling cross compiling mode)

I've added a new script using NDK directly, but left the old one there.

thaednevol

Feb 23, 2012, 11:56:02 PM2/23/12
to AndroiX Users
Hola a todos!!!

So, Timothy, did you already build it? if so, how did you do that? I
agree with Attila, and I like to bring this to life, but I'm a little
more ambitious, because I want to run nx libs and programs in
android. So, I think this is one of the ways to do it. Thanks for the
attention. Bye!

On 22 feb, 11:46, Timothy Meade <zt.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've made some improvements to the build system, I will push those to my
> repo.
>
> It looks like we are still going to have to build with --enable-static
> unless someone wants to figure out how to clone the technique Mozilla used
> to load shared libraries.
>
> For some reason the Android resolver is ignoring the -rpath
>
> I'm NOT using the droidgcc wrapper, I can't get the control I had before
> that was put in place, and can't get things to link correcly with it.
> (Autoconf is detecting features wrong and not enabling cross compiling mode)
>
> I've added a new script using NDK directly, but left the old one there.

Attila Sukosd

Feb 29, 2012, 3:37:33 AM2/29/12
to AndroiX Users
Hi,

Thanks for the reply! :)

Could someone point me to the latest repo? The ones I find have had no
activity in the last year or so.

Thanks,

Attila