RE: Build/Keyboard Input

damin

Dec 22, 2011, 8:32:07 PM12/22/11
to AndroiX Users
I've made some progress on building AndroiX. I managed to get a
working environment setup yesterday using ClashTheBunny's git repo/
build system (with lots of pretty horrible hacks to various android
headers); built against android-ndk-r7. I've not been able to get
xkbcomp to compile, though there's a precompiled binary in usrdata.zip
so this shouldn't be an issue.

Few notes on building (or those I can remember):
* I had to add the standard linux definition for the Elf32_auxv_t
struct to the ndk's elf.h to get pixman to compile.

* I also needed to include CFLAGS="-Dbionic -std=gnu99" in addition
to the those already used by droid-gcc - I forget for which packages
but these are needed for at least two (they can be used for all
safely).

* "typedef int fd_mask;" isn't present in the android ndk headers and
is needed in the xserver compile, there is probably a better place to
put it but I just redefined it in the files that complained.

* There are a few configure options I used to get various things to
compile: xserver with --disable-ipv6, drm with --disable-intel, libX11
with --disable-specs.

* There were also a few proto packages that weren't initially pulled
in for installation but were needed: randrproto, videoproto,
renderproto

Using this to build the androix-merge_upstream_010611 branch in
webbbn's github repo (this seems the most up to date). For the most
part this works well, as I'm testing on a tablet device I added a tiny
bit of code to AndroiXBlitView.java to toggle the software keyboard
when the menu button is pressed. This seems to be working; looking at
logcat the key events are being sent to the native code though I'm
still not seeing any output. I'm assuming this has something to do
with the server not recognising the keycodes it's receiving, though
I've no real idea how the keymap is set/which it defaults to. I think
this is something that can be fixed by properly generating the
usrdata.zip (i.e. libusrdata.so) with an appropriate keymap. I've not
got any experience with the inner workings of an xserver/xkb, so am a
little lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.s. The debug apk I made can be found at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1539068/AndroiX-debug.apk

thaednevol

Jan 26, 2012, 6:14:56 PM1/26/12
to AndroiX Users
Hola, y, por cierto, excelente trabajo!!!

I tried to build AndroiX, with the instructions that you give, but it
complains about some stuffs. And I've installed the apk, but it says
that libusrdata.so is not found. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks

thaednevol

Jan 27, 2012, 10:42:48 AM1/27/12
to AndroiX Users
Hi! I realized that libusrdata.so is already extracted, but everytime
it tries to extrect it again, it says, that it cant, just because its
already installed, obviously. But now, I have one problem, and the
debug says:

Error compiling keymap
Couldn't compile keymap

Timothy Meade

Jan 27, 2012, 8:18:24 PM1/27/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I'm the original author of this stuff.
I've never seen it complain that libusrdata.so is already installed, but it's extracted in the Java code.
The keymap syntax is a little confusing, the best is probably to start with the one in my dropbox for the G2 and modify it. AndroiX uses Android keycodes as the raw keycodes to translate them to keysyms.