Somebody else has done this and it works...

Rahul Siddharthan

Feb 17, 2014, 2:17:50 PM2/17/14
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,
Just in case you haven't noticed (I hadn't until a couple of weeks ago).  There is a real android X server on the play store (xserver-xsdl) by a developer called pelya.  I have been using it for two weeks, it is rock solid (except when killed by android, but I think I have figured out how to keep it alive), it is fast, lightweight (certainly compared to VNC), highly configurable, basically does everything I want.  It is open source, available on github.

Rahul