swipeLeft broke in androidx.test.espresso:espresso-core:3.5.0-alpha04

Michael Osofsky

Jan 26, 2023, 9:28:31 PM1/26/23
to androidx-test-discuss
Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade past androidx.test.espresso:espresso-core:3.5.0-alpha04 but something changed with swipeLeft() in that release.  Although that release introduced slowSwipeLeft(), from looking at the change list, swipeLeft()'s behavior did not actually change, just its javadoc.  So I'm thinking something else changed in that release.

The undesirable behavior I'm seeing is that although swipeLeft() causes a swipe gesture on a component (a Maplibre/Mapbox MapView in my case), that component no longer calls the callbacks it's supposed to call whenever it responds to a swipe (MapboxMap.OnMoveListener callbacks).  The only change in code base is an upgrade from androidx.test.espresso:espresso-core:3.5.0-alpha03 to androidx.test.espresso:espresso-core:3.5.0-alpha04.  I have not changed the version of Maplibre/Mapbox.  So it has to be something in androidx.test.espresso:espresso-core:3.5.0-alpha04 that caused this behavior change.

Before I try downloading and building your library on my mac, I wanted to check here to see if anyone knows what other changes in that release could have affected the behavior of swipeLeft()?

Once I have sufficient information, I can file an issue or maybe even submit a fix if relevant.

Thanks in advance,

Michael